(Last Updated on November 4, 2015)
1. Information Collected
a. In the course of operating the Portal, we may collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
b. “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address and e-mail address. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when: (i) registering as a user/member of the Portal in order to participate in the Portal’s Discussion Forum; (ii) participating in a promotion or choosing to receive our newsletter; (iii) deciding to participate in a workshop organized by us; or (iv) purchasing any products and/or services made available on or through the Portal. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our customer service representatives, we may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter.
c. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
d. “Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), the domain used to access the Portal, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g., average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent at the Portal, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
2. Use of Personal Information
a. Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
(i) Providing you with the services and information you have requested from us, including use of the Portal and subscription to newsletters and/or any other materials.We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the Portal;
(ii) If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information, whether from us or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, we and such sponsors or advertisers, may send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If, at any time, you would like to end your subscription to any such e-mail materials, kindly follow the directions posted at the bottom of the e-mail material;
(iii) If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on the Portal, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting the winners of the promotion; and
(iv) Employee Point may also be required to disclose Personal Information if it is legally required to do so in compliance with the law in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
- a. Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you use this Portal or Employee Point, you consent to our collection, transfer, processing, storage, disclosure and other uses of your information as described here.
- b. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described here. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or even prevent us from being able to provide you with the use of this Portal or Employee Point.
- c. In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn. There are also legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or in situations stipulated in 4a(iii).
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
a. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- (i) where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
- (ii) who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with access and use of the Portal and/or any of the products and services that you have subscribed to. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the said services;
(iii) as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
7. Accessing and Changing Personal Information
a. We recognize your right to your Personal Information that we have collected. Our customer service representative will make the effort to inform you of what information we have on you when we receive any such request from you.
c. If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
8. Questions, Comments or Suggestions
PO Box 32045,
Lincoln Heights PO